Supply Chain Management Solved Multiple choice Questions.
1. _______ analysis relates to what processes, activities, and decisions actually create costs in your supply chain.
A. Cost driver
B. Value proposition
C. Cost reduction
D. Target costing
cost driver analysis considers how processes, activities, and decisions actually create costs in the value chain/supply chain.
2. In the 1980s, Toyota and Honda outcompeted American carmakers because they relied on suppliers for approximately _______ percent of a car’s value.
4.The _______ has made it possible for other companies to eliminate intermediaries and sell directly to the end consumer.
D. global sourcing
The World Wide Web has made it possible for each consumer, sans intermediaries, to access the sellers in the market place directly. If a business has been constrained by its ability to present itself directly in the market place, there will be growing opportunities to by pass intermediaries and sell directly to the end consumer.
5. Value stream mapping is an application of process mapping, developed to apply _______ principles to process improvement.
C. supply chain
D. cycle time
Value stream mapping has supporting methods that are often used in Lean environments to analyze and design flows at the system level (across multiple processes).
6. A supply chain is made up of a series of processes that involve an input, a _______, and an output.
7. _______ is a tool to chart how individual processes are currently being conducted and to help lay out new improved processes.
A. Process mapping
B. Pareto charting
C. Supply chain design
D. Design chain mapping
8.Identify from the following list a major strategic risk associated with outsourcing.
A. Outsourcing landed cost is usually higher than insourcing cost.
B. The supplier is purchased by a competitor.
C. The business loses sight of market trends.
D. The cost of supplied material is passed on to the customer.
9. _______ is the design of seamless value-added processes across organization boundaries to meet the real needs of the end customer.
B. Supply chain management
C. Process engineering
D. Value charting
10. The impact of cost reduction on profits is much larger than the impact of increased
11. _______ considers how your organization competes and is an essential element of corporate strategy.
A. Value proposition analysis
C. A consultant
D. A competitor
12. “3PL” involves using a supplier to provide _______ services.
D. contract manufacturing
Third Party Logistics; using an OUTSOURCED supplier to provide some combination of logistics activities such as transportation, warehousing, procurement, manufacturing, inventory management, and customer service.
13. The collective learning in the organization, especially how to coordinate diverse production skills and integrate multiple streams of technologies, is called
A. innovative constraint.
B. second-tier competency.
C. corporate skill.
D. core competency.
Core competencies are the collective learning in organizations, and involve how to coordinate diverse production skills and integrate multiple streams o
14. Integration of business economics and strategic planning has given rise to a new area of study called __________.
A. Micro Economics
C. Corporate Economics
B. Macro Economics
D. Managerial Economics
The integration of business economics and strategic planning has given rise to a new area of study called corporate economics.
Business Economics (for BBA - 1) By TR Jain, OP Khanna Page 11